Everything you need to know about UP RERA Registration
As per the official website of Uttar Pradesh RERA, a total of 2,906 projects are now registered with the Act implemented in the state. Likewise, nearly 30,318 complaints are lodged until November 2020 since this act came into effect in 2016.
The Real Estate Regulatory Act (RERA) was introduced to secure the interest of Indian homebuyers from dishonest realtors. This much-needed reform in the Indian real estate domain streamlined regulation and promotion of this sector while facilitating prompt redressal of buyers’ complaints.
Almost all states of the country have adopted this act, including Uttar Pradesh (UP) to bring in transparency in the realty market of the respective states. More so, individuals can visit Uttar Pradesh RERA’s official website and check registered projects and agents alike online.
How to check RERA registration online?
The regulatory Act applies to both commercial and domestic properties. Thus, it will be wiser for aspiring homebuyers to check whether their chosen project or the agent is RERA-registered or not.
Following is a step-by-step process to check the registration.
- Visit UP RERA’s official website and open the tab ‘Verify RERA Registration’.
- Select between agent and project from drop-down box to verify registration.
- Enter the registration number of Agent/Project.
- Enter captcha to authenticate and click on ‘Verify’.
- Once entered, the result will appear on your screen.
After verifying the registration, individuals can easily apply for a home loan to finance the purchase of their dream home.
Select NBFCs also provide pre-approved offers that hasten a loan approval process and make it straightforward. Such offers are available on a range of financial products such as loans against property, home loans, and several others. All you need to do is enter your name and contact number to check your pre-approved offer.
Nevertheless, it is essential for agents and promoters to register themselves to complete project registration. So, here’s an insight on that too.
UP RERA property registration process
To register a project in Uttar Pradesh, a promoter needs to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, register yourself as a promoter, authenticating your mobile number with an OTP.
- Log in to your account and duly fill up the registration form duly, submitting it online.
- Now, register your project using the login credentials.
Similarly, agents can register themselves in the following way.
- Open its ‘Agent Registration’ tab.
- Choose applicant type (individual, company, proprietorship firm, partnership firm).
- Fill up rest of the form with PAN, Aadhaar number, Address proof, etc.
- Enter the bank account details in the second part and click on ‘Save and Pay’.
- It will redirect you to a payment page where you need to pay using any online transaction mode.
- Required fee payment thus completed the registration process.
Individuals can check applicable registration fees online before applying. UP RERA registration fees primarily depend on project category and the total area occupied.
Nevertheless, besides the registration process, it is also essential for home buyers to know about NOC and its benefits as promoters may ask for the same before handing over complete ownership of a property so purchased.
Contrarily, individuals can also register a complaint online against their agent or builder for delayed project handover or fraudulent activities of realtors.
Steps to register a RERA complaint
It is imperative for homebuyers to know all about RERA act as it allows them to file a complaint in a few simple steps.
- You need to register with the UP RERA portal first.
- Use personal credentials and log in to your account.
- Choose a complaint type you want to register. For example, a complaint about compensation.
- Cite a suitable reason and submit your complaint form.
- Once submitted, you will receive a complaint number for further reference.
You can later log in to your UP RERA account and check complaint status until it gets resolved.
Hence, checking for appropriate registration constitutes one of the most crucial pre-purchase building inspections you must do. It will thus safeguard the interests of homebuyers and ensure on-time property handover without any fail.