Key Advantages of Having An Open Testing Platform in 2021!
It is a somewhat unique and unprecedented time in the evolution and development of software testing. Teams and organizations worldwide are facing and encountering new challenges connected with remote working, or we can say, working from home. Digital transformation and digitalization initiatives are placing unparalleled constraints and stress on shift or innovation. Agility is the new currency in concern with software development and testing. Here, we can say, open-source platforms point tools or devices are high-grade and excellent at steering interfaces but are not an impeccable and perfect solution for test automation. Meanwhile, we can elucidate that testers are being requested to do more while lessening expenses and costs.
Forthwith, it is the time to re-think and contemplate the software testing life cycle with a sight towards more complete and comprehensive automation. Testing organizations necessitate a platform that facilitates incremental process development. Data or information curated to optimize software testing and automation must be at the core of this solution. Organizations and businesses that leverage versatile and increased open-source or proprietary testing tools must recognize an Open Testing Platform to retain and hold pace with Agile and DevOps enterprise energies initiatives.
About Open-Testing Platform:
An Open Testing Platform (OTP) is a collaboration centre or hub that helps testers retain and hold pace with development and changes. It transforms and modifies observations into action – empowering organizations and companies to inform testers about the significant and critical environment and system shifts or changes, that act upon observations and searches to zero in on ‘what’ definitely necessitates and demands to be tested, and automate the purchase or acquisition of test data/information required for adequate and valid test coverage.
The most crucial and vital characteristic of an Open Testing Platform is that it taps essential and requisite data/information beyond the app development and delivery environment or ecosystem to effectively and thoroughly test software. Beyond accessing and locating an API, an Open Testing Platform leverages a company’s existing infrastructure tools or devices without causing a disturbance or any sort of disruption — unfastening valuable data/information across the base and infrastructure. An OTP supports and promotes any tester (technical or non-technical) to access and obtain information/data, correlate or compare observations and automate the operations or actions.
Requirement Or Importance Of An Open Testing Platform:
Notwithstanding those industry managers or leaders trying to display software testing as augmented and value-added, the reality is that an overwhelming and unusual majority of companies and organizations distinguish testing as a cost hub or centre. The software testing life cycle is a valuable and robust target for automation, considering any costs reduced and eliminated from testing can be leveraged for more and agile innovative energies or initiatives.
If we glance at industrial tech trends in automation for software testing india, automated testing case advancement and development flutters around 30%. If you evaluate and determine the automation level across all aspects of the software testing life cycle, then automation aggregates and averages about 20%. This low and under average automation rate displays or highlights that testing still needs or demands a high degree of manual intervention or invasion that regulates and slows the software testing procedures and consequently dawdles software release cycles.
But now the question arises is why automation rates have prevailed and limited so despicable and low for software testing when initiatives such as DevOps have concentrated on expediting and boosting the release cycle?
For that, there are four core internal concerns or issues that have influenced and reshaped the automation rates:
- Test tools or devices formulated siloes.
- Testers had restricted access to critical data/information.
- Ages of outsourcing depleted and exhausted internal testing skills.
- The environment alterations and changes impeded automation.
Essential Business Benefits Of An Open Testing Platform:
By automating or growing with automation roles and functions within the software testing life cycle. For illustration:
- Expediting and boosting testing will improve and enhance release cycles.
- Bringing and accumulating together data/information that had previously been siloed concedes more complete and comprehensive insights.
- Doubling and enhancing the pace and consistency of test performance strengthens and develop trust in the process.
- Recognizing and evaluating issues and problems in advance upgrades capacity and potent.
- Automating repeatedly monotonous tasks empowers teams to converge on higher-value optimization.
- Eliminating and excluding mundane work facilitates humans concentrating on higher-order issues and problems, yielding more elevated and prominent productivity and better and improved morale.
Software testing tools have emerged and developed to deliver dependable and reliable “raw automation.” Indicating that the capacity and strength to steer an application automatically is sustainable with both open-source or commercial devices or tools. If you gaze over and beyond published industry analysis and research, you will discover that software testing corporations and organizations proclaim test automation rates to be nearly 30%. These same corporations and organizations also publish that automated test execution is approximately 16%. This rift amid the formulation of a computerized test and the capacity to perform it automatically prevails in the various manual tasks needed to run or operate the test. Software testing will continuously delay or hinder the deliverance process if corporations or organizations cannot block this rift or gap.
Automation and automated testing are not as simple as implementing automated techniques for all software testing life cycle sub-processes.
Besides this, we can say there are indeed three core or centre challenges and hurdles required to be addressed and approached. They include:
- Testers required to act on changes as quick as possible. That signifies that business rules and practices will automatically augment and grow the model that forces testing – empowering the team to test more efficiently, completely, and effectively.
- Testers required to be notified and acquainted about shifts or changes that affect testing efforts. It requires interrogating and examining the array of managing, handling, and infrastructure tools or devices and curating data/information that influences testing.
- Automation or automated testing should be adaptable to accommodate and support each team’s requirements, though manageable and straightforward enough or adequately to execute incremental adjustments and developments as the ecosystem and infrastructure transform.
Software testing necessitates commencing its digital transformation mission. As we can observe, digital transformation and digitalization initiatives are not tool energies or initiatives, the alteration to sustainable constant and endless testing will need a shift in mindset. Also, that is not shift-left, or even not the shift-right. It is indeed the initial and prime step towards Software Quality Governance. Corporations and organizations that support multiple open-source or proprietary testing tools obliged to analyze and consider an Open Testing Platform to retain or hold pace with Agile and DevOps enterprise energies and initiatives.