Places Around Delhi That That You Need To See
Booking your flights from JFK to Delhi is a great idea for your next holiday with your family and friends. When you book your JFK to Delhi flights, you can discover way more than just the beautiful capital of the country. Delhi has a great location, and there are a number of tourist places that surround the city. When you fly from JFK to Delhi, you also get the chance to take a weekend trip to one of the nearby places. Delhi is easily accessible, so you will not have any problem reaching any of the surrounding areas. We are here to make it easier for you to pick a place for a weekend getaway or even a longer holiday when you book your JFK to Delhi flights. The places mentioned below are far away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, but close enough for you to enjoy a trip over the weekend.
- Alwar:Perfect for a two-day trip, this town in the royal state of Rajasthan is quite popular with Delhiites looking to get away from the city for some time. The scenic view of the river and many tourist attractions in Alwar make up for a wonderful short trip out of Delhi. There are many heritage sites in Alwar that you can explore, and it is an absolute treat for people interested in history. You are also recommended to visit the Sariska National Sanctuary and the Neemrana Fort Palace when you visit Alwar.
- Mathura:Mathura is the perfect place for you to go on a short pilgrimage. This city is located at a short distance from Delhi, and it is surrounded by a number of small villages. There are several temples in Mathura that will give you an insight into the religious side of India. There are tons of activities like watersports that you can enjoy here. The local markets and the villages here offer a great cultural experience and give you the opportunity to see the traditional side of the country.
- Nahan:Nahan is a hidden gem located in the hills of Himachal Pradesh. This small town is just off the road, and not many people know about this place. Nahan has a number of treks that you can take if you enjoy physical activities. The town also offers scenic views of the surrounding hills of this mountainous state. So, if you are looking for a change in scenery, a trip to Nahan is highly recommended.
- Lansdowne:Formerly known as Kaludanda, Lansdowne is a picturesque town located in the hill state of Uttarakhand. Surrounded by beautiful hills covered with pine forests, Lansdowne is a nice place to get away from the sweltering heat of Delhi and cool down for a bit. Whether you are an adrenaline junkie or just want to lay back and relax, this small town has something for everyone. The St. Mary’s Church, War Memorial, and the Santoshi Mata Temple are some of the tourist spots that you can visit here.
- Parwanoo:Located on the border of Himachal Pradesh and Haryana, Parwanoo is an incredibly scenic place that offers some of the most spectacular views of the hills. If you are looking to visit an area with a ton of fun activities that you can enjoy, then Parwanoo is the place for you. Offering cable car rides and adventure sports, this place has a lot for you to do. This is also the perfect destination for those looking to relax and enjoy their time in the hills.
- Ramnagar:Ramnagar is a small town that acts as a pitstop for travelers headed to the Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand. As most people do not take the opportunity to explore this small town, Ramnagar is the perfect place if you want to get away from the crowd. There are tons of places, from temples to museums, that you can explore here. Coming here for a short trip is the best thing you can do when you fly from JFK to Delhi.
- Dehradun:The capital of the state of Uttarakhand, Dehradun is a beautiful city that has much to offer. There are several tourist attractions like Robber’s Cave, Malsi Deer Park, and several temples that you can visit here. The city is vibrant and bubbling with people. A weekend getaway to Dehradun is just what you need for a pleasant change from the chaos of Delhi.
- Kasauli:This quaint little hill station in Himachal Pradesh will take you back in time. Kasauli is a quiet and serene place where you can enjoy some alone time. This place is extremely beautiful, and you will surely learn to enjoy solitude when you visit Kasauli. Walk down the cobbled streets of the Tibetan market or go on a trek to find and enjoy some spectacular views of the surrounding hills here. Kasauli is a favorite among people of the nearby cities.
- Nainital:Another beautiful hill station in the state of Uttarakhand is Nainital. Located a short distance from Delhi, you need to plan a short trip to this town when you visit Delhi. This picturesque place is perfect if you are looking to spend a lazy weekend in the mountains. The cool and refreshing atmosphere of Nainital will clean you of all the craziness of Delhi.
- Shimla: Last but not the least, the capital city of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla is aptly called the Queen of Hills. Shimla was the summer capital of British India, and the place has several tourist spots for you to visit. With a rich history, there is so much that can be explored here. Shimla also offers beautiful scenery that is a treat for your eyes as well as your soul.
Be it the picturesque hill stations or the surrounding cities, there is no lack of weekend getaways when you fly from JFK to Delhi. Visiting these surrounding places adds a little something extra to your entire travel experience. You can also take this as an opportunity to explore something more than just the capital of India. Take a trip to some of these places and discover a hidden side of this exotic country.